thomcat

Catherine Storr
Coming to Our Senses: Healing Ourselves and the World Through Mindfulness
Jon Kabat-Zinn

Smart Solutions to Climate Change: Comparing Costs and Benefits

Smart Solutions to Climate Change: Comparing Costs and Benefits - Bjorn Lomborg (Editor) This is a collection of scholarly papers and replies to those on some solutions for global climate change. Cost and benefits are analyzed, along with research on effectiveness. In the final section of the book, and expert panel ranks the proposals as a group; their collected opinions and observations on those selections are also included.

The findings of these researchers mostly match Bjørn Lomborg's - throwing money at carbon reduction through taxes is the least effective method. Some of the most effective methods were very interesting to read about; this collection of experts really knows what they are talking about. Some of the statistics were a little over my head, but then I'm no economist. I couldn't get this book at a library, but instead through inter-library loan from the University of Idaho.

In summary, I am impressed with the knowledge in this textbook. Adding knowledge to the climate debate can only be a good thing, and some of these ideas would certainly work - reducing the impact of man on the world. Doing nothing is not an option.